Touring to another country is exciting for most people, especially if it’s a brand-new destination. However, it can also be quite risky if you don’t have the proper documents and visas. Some countries have strict regulations regarding transiting, which makes it important to find out about the requirements of your destination before booking flights. One such country is Dubai, a well-known tourist destination. As with many other countries, it was not mandatory to have travel insurance when entering Dubai. But after the pandemic, it becomes necessary after you get your Dubai tourist visa. Whether you plan to spend your time in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or anywhere else in the UAE, it’s essential to have coverage that covers medical expenses and other costs.
What is the Difference between Travel & Medical Insurance?
Travel medical insurance is made to cover medical emergencies and evacuations. In contrast, travel insurance is designed to cover the costs of trip interruptions, delays or cancellations, and lost luggage. This is a “catch-all” term that can mean safeguard for your trip. Medical policy is for people going outside their home country who need health coverage in case of an accident, or illness. It protects emergency health care and transportation costs, incurs no deductibles or co-pays, and offers other valuable benefits such as pre-existing condition coverage.
What are the Benefits of Travel Insurance?
- Medical cover
Many people underestimate their need for health coverage when touring a destination with an advanced healthcare system such as the UAE. However, even small procedures or accidents can be costly if you’re not covered by an adequate coverage plan. It’s also worth noting that not all health facilities are accessible without premiums, so you could be turned away from certain hospitals or clinics if you don’t have them.
- Cancellation coverage
The cost of flight tickets and hotels can be very high these days, which makes it painful to lose money if something unexpected happens and you need to cancel your trip. Some providers usually offer coverage for such occurrences by providing refunds for non-refundable expenses like flight tickets, hotel reservations, and tour packages.
Some policies also cover other types of costs related to cancellation; for example, the cost of your trip might increase if you need to reschedule a flight ticket for a more expensive date due to bad weather conditions at your destination.
- Cover for your belongings
You might be taking a few items with you on your trips that are expensive or difficult to replace. Things like jewelry, cash, and electronic devices can easily get lost or stolen while you’re away. If they do, your plan will cover the cost of replacing them.
Which factor decides the cost of Travel Insurance to Dubai?
- Your destination (whether it’s a single country or multiple)
- Your age
- The level of coverage you want
- If you have any pre-existing illness conditions or not
- Your trip duration (a yearlong policy for multiple trips costs more than a one-time, weeklong trip)
What are the key things to consider while buying Travel Insurance?
There is a lot to consider when searching for the right policy for you, your family, or your group after getting a UAE tourist visa. To help you make the right choice, here are some tips that can be kept in mind while buying a policy:
- The cheapest policies usually cover only basic risks such as lost or stolen luggage and cancellations due to unexpected illness. These companies may also offer more comprehensive coverage, including expenses related to accidents, health treatment, or damage to property.
- Some plans offer more than just covering medical expenses. For instance, they can also provide emergency illness evacuation, which facilitates the transportation of the injured person to a nearby hospital or even back home if needed. Similarly, some plans also offer compensation in case of loss of baggage. So depending on what you are looking for, choose a policy that offers more than just basic coverage.
- If you plan on doing something adventurous like skiing or extreme sports, check whether these activities are covered by the company from where you got the plan. Some policies don’t cover these activities, while others require an extra premium, so it’s worth checking before buying a policy.
- Coverage for existing disease issues is important if requires ongoing treatment with prescription drugs. Under some policies, coverage for pre-existing conditions can be added for an additional premium.
- The maximum payout is how much the company pays out in an emergency. These policies often have a cap on their payout for each circumstance. For example, if you’re injured in an accident and need health treatment, the specific company will pay up to a certain amount for your treatment. Be sure to look at the limits of your policy before purchasing.
Read More – Can I Get Visa On Arrival In Dubai